Hipco Yorkshire Ltd
Where we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement to ensure you receive the best service possible from us.
Hipco Yorkshire Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This policy is effective from 1st May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- contact information including telephone numbers, address and email address
- other information relevant to products and services you require
How we collect your Data
- Face to face appointments and/or meetings
- Telephone or email consultation requests
- When you purchase any of our products and/or services
- Payment details such as credit/debit card details
- Online forms through our website
- Recommend a Friend Scheme
- Social Media pages where you have liked, followed, commented or contacted us
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with the best service we can, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- information is passed onto third parties such as FENSA (Insurance Backed Guarantee provider), finance provider if finance has been requested and product suppliers with the purpose of fulfilling requirements
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may contact you by email, phone, or letter.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, please advise us if you do not wish for your information to be used by us on our social media websites (i.e. sharing feedback and reviews)
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com or using the Contact Us form on the website.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- You have the right to get a copy of the information that is held about you. This is known as a subject access request. This right of subject access means that you can make a request under the Data Protection Act to any organisation processing your personal data. A small fee will be payable. For more information please visit https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/personal-information/ If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us via email, letter, our website contact form or through social media. (contact information below.)
If you have any concerns about the handling of your personal data, you can contact the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) https://ico.org.uk/ . Or if you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact our Data Protection Representative as soon as possible using the below contact details. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.